Currently Available Careers At Degnan Design Builders, Inc. DeForest, Wisconsin
Do you want to change lives? At Degnan Design Builders, we solve problems. We make life better for our clients by designing, remodeling, and building beautiful, efficient, and creative homes.
Wouldn't you like to be part of a team like this?
Degnan Design Builders has served the Madison area for over thirty-five years. Over the years, the company has a developed a substantial reputation for quality and superior customer service.
Known for remodeling expertise, the recent addition of Signature Homes by Degnan Design Builders brings the same level of customer communication and craftsmanship experienced by Degnan’s remodeling customers to those seeking to build a new home.
- Build exposure & bearing walls, layout sill plate on foundations, layout post pads & footings, install floor beams, erect walls and roof systems
- Working knowledge of Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code and ability to problem solve to meet code
- Fit and install trim items- Hang doors, install casing, base, shoe, crown, locksets & hardware, etc.
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials as needed for remodeling
- Prepare layouts using measuring tools
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Oversee trade contractors during remodeling & new construction- assist Project Manager or Lead Carpenter by being the "eyes" on the site and assisting as needed
- Window flashing & installation, for new construction & remodeling
- Working knowledge of various siding systems- vinyl, LP Smartside, wood, etc. Ability to remove & salvage, install, and tie-in to existing
- Working knowledge of asphalt shingle roofs - Ability to tie in small roofing jobs, spot & resolve problems
- Skylight installation & flashing, for new installations & replacements
- Drywall patching & texture blending
- Apprenticeship completed-preferred
- Courses completed in carpentry-preferred
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Job experience equivalent to apprenticeship or tech college
- Previous experience in the trade, minimum 1 year
- Trade certification-preferred
- Personal Carpentry tools such as tool belt & related tools, cordless drill/driver/saw set, etc.
- Reliable transportation
- Adapts easily to changing site conditions
- Basic trade knowledge
- Good manual dexterity
- Good sense of balance; ability to work off a ladder
- Great attention to detail
- Reads blueprints properly
- Shows initiative
- Visualizes concepts effectively
- Well organized
- Works well in a team
- Ability to rotate between jobsites efficiently & productively
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to tolerate changing weather conditions if needed
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in remodeling projects; collaboration with Lead Carpenter and Project Manager
- Ability to learn, memorize, and repeat our standards & methods
- Working knowledge of jobsite safety
Compensation & benefit package are negotiable and applicant-specific based on skill set and history. HMO/ Group health insurance available if needed. Full benefit package available to the right applicant.
$15.00 to $25.00 /hour
Remodeling: 1 year
Required license or Certification